VETECARDIOL 50 ML / ml Injectable Solution
Cardiopulmonary analeptic solution for injection
MSD ANIMAL HEALTH
Injectable solution (Sol.i.)
COMPOSITION PER ml:
Active substance: Heptaminol Acefilinate (62:38) 100 mg.
Excipients: Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 218) 1 mg; propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 216) 0.5 mg.
INTERACTIONS AND INCOMPATIBILITIES
In the absence of compatibility studies, this veterinary medicinal product must not be mixed with other veterinary medicinal products.
VETECARDIOL 50 ML INDICATIONS
Horses, Cattle, Goat, Sheep and Pig: Symptomatic treatment of cardiovascular and respiratory failure in the following processes:
Cardiovascular conditions: Shock, surgical or obstetric syncope, cardiorespiratory insufficiency, heart failure, myocarditis.
Respiratory affections: Bronchitis, influenza and emphysema of the horse; bronchopneumonia and bronchitis of bovidae, ovines and porcine; lung edema
Renal diseases: Renal insufficiencies, nephritis.
Particular indications: States of exhaustion and fatigue; resuscitation of newborn calves; myopathy, dyspnea and toxicosis of calves; after difficult births; posanesthetic resuscitation.
- Do not use in hypertensive animals.
- Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any excipient.
They have not been described.
ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
Intravenous and intramuscular.
In cattle, the product can also be administered intraperitoneally.
VETECARDIOL 50 ML POSOLOGY
Dosage: 10 20 mg / kg pv of heptaminol acetylinate, which is equivalent to the following amounts of Vetecardiol:
Cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and horses: 1 to 2 ml / 10 kg pv
- People with known hypersensitivity to heptaminol or methylxanthines should avoid contact with the veterinary medicinal product.
- Administer the veterinary drug with caution.
- In case of accidental self-injection, consult a doctor immediately and show him the package leaflet or label.
Use during pregnancy or lactation:
- Use only according to the benefit / risk assessment carried out by the responsible veterinarian.
Meat: 2 days.
Milk: 2 days.
MODE OF CONSERVATION
Store at a temperature below 25 ° C.
Shelf life after opening the primary container: Immediate use.
Veterinary use. Medicine subject to a veterinary prescription.
- Administration exclusively by the veterinarian (in the case of intravenous administration) or under his supervision and control.